• All cats adopted from this shelter will be spayed/neutered
before adoption. This is a mandatory state law.
Animals will not be allowed to leave the shelter until after they are
• No adoptions to persons under 18 years of age. Identification
showing age and current address will be required for all adoptions
(at least one photo ID is required).
• Renters need written proof of landlord's permission for pets, and a
copy of receipt showing pet deposit has been paid.
• Any person living with a homeowner, but not required to pay rent,
i.e., parents, grandparents, guardial, etc, must have at least one
homeowner present at the time of adoption.
• No animal adopted shall be given as a gift. The new owner must be
present at the time of the adoption.
• The AAL reserves the right to refuse any adoption or to reclaim any
animal for breach of contract.
• If an adopted animal is no longer wanted, you must contact the AAL.
the AAL is not required to accept a returned animal, even if it has the
right to do so. No refunds or exchanges will be given. A surrender fee
may be required if animal is returned.
• Persons who have surrendered an animal to the AAL and wish to
reclaim the animal must follow regular adoption procedures, including
sterilization. A boarding fee of $15.00 per day may be assessed as
• Cats must be kept indoors and not allowed to roam outside.
• New owners need to be aware of their city's pet laws, such as
licensing, leash laws, and rabies vaccinations.
• New owners are required by law to provide adequate food, water,
shelter, medical care, and sterilization for your pet. Protect your pet;
make sure it wears an identification tag at all times. If microchipped, make sure registration information is up to date for the microchip.
• All animals require companionship with humans – please give them
plenty of love and attention.
• Don't forget or neglect them!